About Me — Jimmy Ng
Greetings, Earthlings! I’m super grateful you’ve come here to learn more about me.
Who Am I?
- My name is Jimmy Ng. Both my parents were born in China and immigrated to the United States in their 20s. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California and lived in California most of my life. I currently live in Phoenix, Arizona with my wife.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Physics and a master’s and PhD degree in materials science and engineering. I currently work as an engineer at a tech company doing semiconductor research and development (ie. we make computer chips).
- I write about science, technology, and science fiction. I also like to discuss current events about aspects of our society moving from science fiction to science fact.
- How are radio astronomers trying to detect signals from other advanced alien civilizations? Did you know a team of scientists has plans to resurrect the Wooly Mammoth using genetic engineering? These are the things I blog about.
Why Am I Posting on Medium?
The Universe is a lot cooler and weirder than you probably think. I started blogging because I want to share all the things that interested me with the rest of the world!
Random Facts About Me
- I’ve been told I eat a lot. I’ve accidentally ordered food challenges at restaurants and finished them. My friends say I should start a mukbang.
- I’m a nerd, but I also like to party. I’m really into electronic dance music and love going to raves. My friends and I make it a ritual to go to Electric Daisy Carnival, the biggest rave in the United States, every year.
- My wife and I are real estate investors and business owners. We‘re currently renting out a spacious house nestled next to Phoenix Mountain Preserves as a vacation rental. As we grow older, we want to continue opening up businesses (another vacation rental, a medical clinic, and perhaps a boba shop).
Why Should You Follow Me?
- Not only am I passionate about science communication, I also have studied science and engineering at the university level for about…